Sunday Social - Week 70

Sunday, October 6, 2013

1. What were you like in middle school and high school?
I was pretty awkward all through middle school and high school. I was very quiet, reserved and now that I look back, always looking to fit in. Always looking for acceptance. I went through a rebellious stage at 14 and thankfully, it only lasted about a year. 

One awful memory that really reminds me how lost and confused I was at that day is when I was 13 years old, a boy in my class told me I would look really hot if I dyed my hair black (my hair was naturally very light blonde back then) and so? I did. But not with hair dye, because my mom wouldn't allow that, so I stole some black spray paint from our garage and sprayed my hair with it. Not only did I RUIN my hair, even years later it is still recovering and my natural hair colour is not the same at all, but the next day, I walked into school thinking I was all that when I started having a severe allergic reaction to the spray paint. Just one example of how I was all that, haha.
 
2. What were your favorite pastimes?

I always loved to read. You could almost always find me with a book in my hand, and I used to rollerskate on our back deck for hours. We lived out in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road, so I could really only rollerskate on the deck or in the house.. 
 
3. What songs were you obsessed with?

I can never remember songs by title and artist. But when I was in middle school and high school, it was all about N'SYNC, The Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, Jessica Simpson, Christina Aguleria, Britney Spears and Hanson. Oh, I had so many Hanson posters on my walls.. and the youngest one (honestly can't remember his name now) made me want to learn how to play the drums (which never happened). 

 What Hanson looks like now, apparently. I really question my taste back then.. but I still find myself singing 'Mmm Bop' at random times.
 
4. What fashion statement do you look back at and cringe?

Other then the black hair dye incident above, I distinctly remember wearing acid jeans with rose appliques on them. They were absolutely hideous.
 
5. Who was your celeb crush?

The youngest brother from Hanson. I also had a JTT (Jonathon Taylor Thomas) phase when I was younger.
 
6. What was your favorite movie?

I always had a soft spot for certain disney classics - like the Fox and the Hound, Lady and the Tramp, Beauty and the Beast. In high school though, I did have a horror movie phase that has since passed.. now I can hardly watch a really scary horror movie, and definitely not by myself! 
 
Sunday Social
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger